CompactLaw provides free legal information on Injunctions covering different types of injunctions and what to do when they are breached. 
The most common use of injunctions is in domestic violence cases between couples, whether married or unmarried. 
In these situations a court can make a non-molestation order to protect a partner and if required any children. A court can also make occupation orders, and attach a power of arrest for any breaches of orders made.
Other areas where injunctions can be used include:
property injunctions - for example a freezing injunction to prevent a court opponent from disposing of assets. Also related search orders to look for assets and evidence of assets.
publication injunctions - the well known right to stop something being published, usually, (but not always) by a newspaper or media organisation. However, this is increasingly being used to prevent bloggers and websites from publishing information.
housing injunctions - this relates to nuisance, a council or housing association can apply for an injunction to prevent a tenant from causing nuisance or disruption to others. However, a tenant can also apply be prevent a private landlord from interfering with their rights as a tenant, usually their right to quiet enjoyment of a rented property. For further help please see our injunction faqs section.

Domestic Violence Injunctions

How to apply for an injunction


The Mentally Disabled or Children

Committal Proceedings

Property Injunctions

Publication Injunctions

Housing Injunctions

Links & Addresses

Injunctions - FAQs

More - Free Legal Information