Residence Orders

Now called a Child Arrangements Order.

You can apply to the court for them to decide where the children should live. This was previously called a "Residence Order".

If you have an order you are allowed to take the children out of the country for less than 1 month at a time without your partner's consent.

Taking children abroad permanently - leave to remove
If you want to take your child or children to live abroad permanently, known as "leave to remove", then your partner may have to consent to this, (if your partner has parental responsibility) or you will have to get permission from the court.

Contact Order - a court order to see your child