Contact Order - a court order to see your child

Now called a Child Arrangements Order.
If a child or children are living with your partner and you would like to visit them or have them stay with you for short periods, such as weekends and part of the holidays, (direct contact) you can apply for a child arrangements order. Contact can also be ordered by a court to be indirect, for example sending birthday cards, letters etc.

Child Arrangements Orders