Warrants of Execution - to enforce a possession order

Once a County Court has granted a possession order a landlord must apply for a warrant of execution in order to enforce that order. This will involve completing a warrant of execution form and paying a court fee.

The court bailiffs will then go to the property to evict the tenant. The court bailiffs will usually on the first call give the tenants a date when they will be back to evict them.

In the High Court such warrants are known as "Writ of Possession" and the High Court sheriff will be responsible for evicting the tenants.

Defending Possession Proceedings - tenant seeking to prevent possession by landlord

Private Housing