Specific Issue Order - court order on a specific issue relating to a child

If you and your partner cannot decide about other issues to do with the children, for example:

  • Which school they should go to.
  • Religious education and issues.
  • Whether to change their surname.
  • Whether they should have a major operation etc.
  • Should the child be allowed to move abroad with one of the parents.

In these circumstances you can apply to the court and let the court decide. This is called a "Specific Issue Order".

Or, if the children have been removed from your care you may need a Specific Issue Order telling your partner that they must be returned to you.

Parental Responsibility Order - so you can make parental decisions for a child