Affidavit in Support

This is a statement which must be signed by you in front of a solicitor or by the local County Court.

A solicitor or the County Court will charge a fee for this.

The charge will be for swearing the Affidavit, a fee is also payable for each document included with the Affidavit.

County Courts cannot swear Affidavits connected to cases brought in the High Court.

You should set out in your affidavit the reasons why you are making your application.

You should send to the court the original Affidavit together with copies for the court and copies for each opponent as well as your Application Notice Form.

Bankruptcy in the small claims court

Small Claims Court