Who will hear my case ?
Cases are usually heard by a District Judge. However, if the case is complex it can be referred to a higher judge known as a Circuit Judge.
In some cases if a special Arbitrator is needed the court has the power to use an outside Arbitrator, but this will only be done if you and your opponent agree.
Questions & Answers
- What is a Small Claims Court?
- How much is a Small Claim?
- Will I need to be represented by a solicitor?
- Can someone else represent me in the Small Claims Court, other than a solicitor?
- Where do I find a Small Claims Court?
- Can I get Legal Aid?
- What sort of Claims can I bring in the Small Claims Court?
- Who will hear my case?
- How will I know how to prepare for my case?
- What if I win my case but my opponent will not pay?
- What if I don't want my claim to be heard by the Small Claims Court?