What sort of Claims can I bring in the Small Claims Court ?
Contract Claims, Debt Actions, Housing Disrepair and Personal Injury Claims, anything where you are claiming money up to £5,000. (Except personal injury and housing disrepair claims where the Small Claims Court limit is up to £1,000.)
Questions & Answers
- What is a Small Claims Court?
- How much is a Small Claim?
- Will I need to be represented by a solicitor?
- Can someone else represent me in the Small Claims Court, other than a solicitor?
- Where do I find a Small Claims Court?
- Can I get Legal Aid?
- What sort of Claims can I bring in the Small Claims Court?
- Who will hear my case?
- How will I know how to prepare for my case?
- What if I win my case but my opponent will not pay?
- What if I don't want my claim to be heard by the Small Claims Court?