What is a Small Claims Court ?
A court set up to deal quickly with claims for small amounts of money. If you are suing someone or they are suing you for a small amount of money this is where you may end up.
The Small Claims Courts can be found in your local County Court. For details of your nearest County Court see the Courts Service Court Finder.
Questions & Answers
- What is a Small Claims Court?
- How much is a Small Claim?
- Will I need to be represented by a solicitor?
- Can someone else represent me in the Small Claims Court, other than a solicitor?
- Where do I find a Small Claims Court?
- Can I get Legal Aid?
- What sort of Claims can I bring in the Small Claims Court?
- Who will hear my case?
- How will I know how to prepare for my case?
- What if I win my case but my opponent will not pay?
- What if I don't want my claim to be heard by the Small Claims Court?