Statement of Truth
This must be added to the end of a statement of case, (e.g. particulars of claim or defence etc.) and any application notice not supported by a separate statement and any witness statement.
The statement must be signed by you.
The statement of truth should use the following words when used at the end of a statement of case or application notice:
"I believe that the facts stated in this (name the document and the date of the document) are true."
The statement of truth at the end of a witness statement should say:
- Small Claims Court
- Can I bring a small claim?
- Claiming costs for a small claim
- Claiming interest in the small claims court
- Statutory Interest
- How to claim in the small claims court
- Deciding a Specific Issue
- Time limits for bringing a small claim
- Judgment in Default
- Summary Judgment
- Statement of Truth
- Striking out a Claim or a Defence
- Enforcement of a small claim judgment
- Affidavit in Support
- Bankruptcy in the small claims court
- Setting Aside Judgment
- Human Rights Act 1998 - and your civil case