Claiming interest in the small claims court
You are entitled to ask for Interest on the amount you are claiming, this is currently 8% per year. If you want to claim interest you must put on your claim that you want your opponent to pay interest.
You are entitled to claim interest from the date of your "Claim Form" (for Claim Form see How to Claim) until the date of the trial.
- Small Claims Court
- Can I bring a small claim?
- Claiming costs for a small claim
- Claiming interest in the small claims court
- Statutory Interest
- How to claim in the small claims court
- Deciding a Specific Issue
- Time limits for bringing a small claim
- Judgment in Default
- Summary Judgment
- Statement of Truth
- Striking out a Claim or a Defence
- Enforcement of a small claim judgment
- Affidavit in Support
- Bankruptcy in the small claims court
- Setting Aside Judgment
- Human Rights Act 1998 - and your civil case
- Links & Addresses