We are not married. Do I have any rights ?
Questions & Answers
- We have only been married a short time when can I start a divorce?
- How do I show the marriage has broken down?
- What if we can't carry on living together, but we don't want a divorce?
- What do I need to prove to get a legal separation?
- Can we just decide to separate without involving the courts?
- Do I need a solicitor to start a divorce or judicial separation?
- What is a Decree Nisi?
- My partner has started the divorce proceedings. Is there anything I need to do?
- My partner owns the property in which we live/or only their name is on the rent book. Will I have to leave if we separate?
- My partner has changed the locks to our home and won't let me back in. What can I do?
- I left the house and my children. Does this mean I do not have any rights?
- How can I get my partner to help me pay the bills?
- Who pays maintenance for the children?
- How does the court decide how much money I should get or what I should pay my partner?
- Do I have to tell anyone that my partner and I have separated/divorced?
- We are not married. Do I have any rights?