Legal Aid for family law cases
Your solicitor can represent you in Divorce, Judicial Separation, or Nullity proceedings under Legal Help.
This is only if those proceedings are "Undefended", (your partner is not challenging the proceedings) and if you qualify for assistance under the Scheme.
In order to sort out children disputes or financial matters you will need to apply for a "Legal Representation Certificate".
Legal Aid is not usually available to defend a divorce unless there are very good reasons for defending the divorce.
- Relationships & Family Law
- Mediation in divorce
- Which form do I need to start a divorce?
- Judicial Separation
- Nullity - marriage not valid
- Applying for a Decree Nisi & Absolute
- Separation & Nullity
- Your property and divorce
- Maintenance Issues
- Registering Maintenance Orders
- Enforcing Maintenance Orders
- Consent Orders
- Pensions on divorce
- Unmarried Couples rights
- Gay & Lesbian Couples rights
- Legal Aid for family cases
- Human Rights Act 1998 and family law
- Links & Addresses