Relationships & Family Law
We provide a wide range of up to date free legal information covering all the major concerns.
However, there is now a greater emphasis on mediation early in the process to avoid legal & financial disputes and to limit the acrimony and damage to any children involved.
CompactLaw provides practical and detailed information regarding the divorce process and the forms required. We also cover the various orders that can be made, such as maintenance orders and consent orders.
See also information for gay and lesbian couples and unmarried couples. The rights for unmarried couples are more complicated and less clear.
- Relationships & Family Law
- Mediation in divorce
- Which form do I need to start a divorce?
- Judicial Separation
- Nullity - marriage not valid
- Applying for a Decree Nisi & Absolute
- Separation & Nullity
- Your property and divorce
- Maintenance Issues
- Registering Maintenance Orders
- Enforcing Maintenance Orders
- Consent Orders
- Pensions on divorce
- Unmarried Couples rights
- Gay & Lesbian Couples rights
- Legal Aid for family cases
- Human Rights Act 1998 and family law
- Links & Addresses