Can I apply for Legal Aid on behalf of someone else ?
If you are a parent or a child then you can apply for Legal Aid on behalf of a child under the age of 18.
Sometimes a friend or a relative can also apply on behalf of someone who is mentally ill and so cannot apply themselves.
Questions & Answers
- What is Legal Aid?
- Is Everyone entitled to Legal Aid?
- How do I show I cannot pay for my case?
- What is disposable income?
- What is meant by capital?
- Do I get something for nothing?
- Can the Statutory Charge be waived or postponed?
- Can I apply for Legal Aid on behalf of someone else?
- Are there any other schemes under which I might get free or cheap legal advice?
- Are there any cases for which Legal Aid is not available?