When is an injunction valid ?
When the court gives you an injunction, before the injunction can start your opponent must be personally handed a copy of the injunction.
This is called "serving" the injunction, your solicitor will be able to arrange this for you as it is definitely not a good idea to do it yourself.
An injunction is therefore only valid when the opponent has been served with the court order.
Questions & Answers
- What is an Injunction?
- What is a Common Law Injunction?
- Will an Injunction prevent someone coming to my home?
- Will an Injunction stop someone taking my children away?
- What else can an Injunction do?
- When is an Injunction valid?
- How do I apply?
- What is a Power of Arrest?
- If an Injunction Order is broken and there is no power of arrest, what can I do?
- What is a Warrant of Arrest?
- What is an Occupation Order?
- What is a Non-Molestation Order?
- What is an Anti-Harassment Injunction?
- What is an Undertaking?
- What are Special Domestic Violence Courts?