What is a Warrant of Arrest ?
If an Injunction Order has been broken then the courts can issue a warrant for the arrest of the person who has broken the Injunction Order, but you will need to go back to court to apply for this.
The warrant is sent to the police who then arrest that person and can either hold them in custody until they can be brought before the court or grant them bail and give them a date when they are to go back to court.
Questions & Answers
- What is an Injunction?
- What is a Common Law Injunction?
- Will an Injunction prevent someone coming to my home?
- Will an Injunction stop someone taking my children away?
- What else can an Injunction do?
- When is an Injunction valid?
- How do I apply?
- What is a Power of Arrest?
- If an Injunction Order is broken and there is no power of arrest, what can I do?
- What is a Warrant of Arrest?
- What is an Occupation Order?
- What is a Non-Molestation Order?
- What is an Anti-Harassment Injunction?
- What is an Undertaking?
- What are Special Domestic Violence Courts?