Do I have any rights if my holiday is cancelled or if I do not get what I paid for ?
You may be able to sue for breach of contract. You may also have taken out insurance which may cover you if your holiday is cancelled in certain circumstances.
Questions & Answers
- I have bought something from a shop/catalogue/street market/door to door salesman which does not work. What can I do?
- I have bought something which works, but does not do what it says on the packet or is not suitable. What can I do?
- Are there any times when I will not be entitled to my money back or to exchange the goods?
- If I signed an "acceptance note" when I received the goods does this mean I lose my rights if something goes wrong?
- If the goods were bought for me by someone else am I entitled to return the goods?
- If I return goods do I have to accept a "credit note"?
- Do I have to accept a replacement good or a free repair instead of cash?
- Do I need to have a receipt before I can get a refund?
- What if the goods are too heavy to carry back to the shop. Am I responsible for the cost of taking the goods back?
- If I cancel an order am I entitled to the return of a deposit paid by me?
- Does a guarantee or warranty give me any special rights?
- What can I do if I have not received the service I paid for?
- If I buy goods with a credit card does this give me any extra protection?
- If my complaint does not get results can I sue?
- If I buy goods through an auction or private sale what rights do I have?
- Do I have any rights if my holiday is cancelled or if I do not get what I paid for?
- If I have bought something on a credit agreement can I change my mind and cancel?
- If I bought goods after seeing a sample what rights do I have if the goods are not the same as the sample?