Who is a "Protected Child" ?
A protected child is a child who has not been placed for adoption by an agency. Instead the local authorities are involved in ensuring the child's interests are protected in the adoption proceedings.
Questions & Answers
- Do I have to be a certain age to adopt?
- Who can apply for an adoption order?
- Which courts can deal with adoption proceedings?
- Who is a "Protected Child"?
- Does the child have to have been living with us first before we can start adoption proceedings?
- Does an unmarried father have any rights to stop the adoption of his child?
- Can adoption orders be revoked?