Which courts can deal with adoption proceedings ?
Magistrates Court, County Court or High Court.
If there are already court orders made involving the child, then the adoption order should be started in that court. If the child is going to be a party in the court case, or the adoption involves a child from abroad then it must be started in the High Court.
Questions & Answers
- Do I have to be a certain age to adopt?
- Who can apply for an adoption order?
- Which courts can deal with adoption proceedings?
- Who is a "Protected Child"?
- Does the child have to have been living with us first before we can start adoption proceedings?
- Does an unmarried father have any rights to stop the adoption of his child?
- Can adoption orders be revoked?