Methods of Adoption - who can adopt?
Adoption of a child usually takes place in the following circumstances:
- Joint adoption by natural parent and step-parent.
- Adoption by relative of the child.
- Adoption by private foster parents.
- Adoption of a child in the care of a local authority or children's home.
Adoption of a child through an adoption agency.
- Adoption Law
- The Adoption & Children Act 2002
- Methods of Adoption
- Adoption Agencies
- Placement Orders
- Adoption Order
- Conditions to Adoption
- Sole Applicants
- Age of the Child
- Illegal Adoption Placements
- Notification to Local Authority
- Applying for Adoption Orders
- Removal of a Child to be Adopted
- Registration of Adoption Orders
- Inter-Country Adoptions
- Links & Addresses