Illegal Adoption Placements
It is an offence for a person other than an adoption agency to make arrangements for the adoption of a child or place a child for adoption unless the proposed adopter is a relative or is acting according to a High Court order.
It is also an offence for a person to receive a child who is placed with them in breach of this rule.
Adoption, rather than Fostering must have been the intention at the time for it to be illegal. So foster parents who adopt later relying on the 12 month rule will not be caught.
- Adoption Law
- The Adoption & Children Act 2002
- Methods of Adoption
- Adoption Agencies
- Placement Orders
- Adoption Order
- Conditions to Adoption
- Sole Applicants
- Age of the Child
- Illegal Adoption Placements
- Notification to Local Authority
- Applying for Adoption Orders
- Removal of a Child to be Adopted
- Registration of Adoption Orders
- Inter-Country Adoptions
- Links & Addresses