Do I have to be a certain age to adopt ?
Yes, you must be 21 or over unless you are the birth parent of the child and you and your partner (who is not the birth parent) want to adopt, then you need only be 18 or over, but your partner must be 21 or over.
Questions & Answers
- Do I have to be a certain age to adopt?
- Who can apply for an adoption order?
- Which courts can deal with adoption proceedings?
- Who is a "Protected Child"?
- Does the child have to have been living with us first before we can start adoption proceedings?
- Does an unmarried father have any rights to stop the adoption of his child?
- Can adoption orders be revoked?