Applying for Adoption Orders
High Court - originating summons plus fee payable.
County Court - originating application plus fee payable.
Magistrates Court - Form 6 Adoption Form plus fee payable.
It is also necessary to file at court the following documents:
- The child's birth certificate or certificate of previous adoption.
- Any documents to show parental consent, or a copy of the placement order
- The marriage certificate of the applicants (if needed).
- A medical report on the child and each applicant.
- The adoption agency's report (if applicable).
- Adoption Law
- The Adoption & Children Act 2002
- Methods of Adoption
- Adoption Agencies
- Placement Orders
- Adoption Order
- Conditions to Adoption
- Sole Applicants
- Age of the Child
- Illegal Adoption Placements
- Notification to Local Authority
- Applying for Adoption Orders
- Removal of a Child to be Adopted
- Registration of Adoption Orders
- Inter-Country Adoptions
- Links & Addresses