What are General Damages ?
This is compensation for post-trial losses which are likely to continue into the future and where it is difficult to put a final figure on the losses.
Questions & Answers
- When can I make a claim?
- Who do I claim against?
- How do I make a claim?
- What do I need to do before I see a solicitor?
- Can I claim for anything else other than my injury or illness?
- Can I get Legal Aid?
- Is there a time limit for making a claim?
- Can I make any other claims apart from a court claim?
- What if I was partly to blame for the accident?
- What are "General Damages"?
- What are "Special Damages"?
- Am I entitled to any interest on the compensation I receive?
- What are "disbursements"?