What if I was partly to blame for the accident ?
If you were partly to blame for the accident which caused your injury or illness, you can still claim compensation if someone else was also to blame.
However, your compensation may be reduced because you were also at fault. This is called "Contributory Negligence".
Questions & Answers
- When can I make a claim?
- Who do I claim against?
- How do I make a claim?
- What do I need to do before I see a solicitor?
- Can I claim for anything else other than my injury or illness?
- Can I get Legal Aid?
- Is there a time limit for making a claim?
- Can I make any other claims apart from a court claim?
- What if I was partly to blame for the accident?
- What are "General Damages"?
- What are "Special Damages"?
- Am I entitled to any interest on the compensation I receive?
- What are "disbursements"?