Can I get Legal Aid for an Accident Claim?
Full Legal Aid is no longer available for accident claims. However, if you are eligible, your solicitor may be able to advise you under the "Legal Help" scheme.
This only covers advice and assistance and does not cover preparing court papers or representation at court.
Questions & Answers
- When can I make a claim?
- Who do I claim against?
- How do I make a claim?
- What do I need to do before I see a solicitor?
- Can I claim for anything else other than my injury or illness?
- Can I get Legal Aid?
- Is there a time limit for making a claim?
- Can I make any other claims apart from a court claim?
- What if I was partly to blame for the accident?
- What are "General Damages"?
- What are "Special Damages"?
- Am I entitled to any interest on the compensation I receive?
- What are "disbursements"?