Can I make any other claims apart from a court claim ?
If you were injured because your opponent did something which is a criminal offence then you can apply to the government for compensation. You make your application to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
Questions & Answers
- When can I make a claim?
- Who do I claim against?
- How do I make a claim?
- What do I need to do before I see a solicitor?
- Can I claim for anything else other than my injury or illness?
- Can I get Legal Aid?
- Is there a time limit for making a claim?
- Can I make any other claims apart from a court claim?
- What if I was partly to blame for the accident?
- What are "General Damages"?
- What are "Special Damages"?
- Am I entitled to any interest on the compensation I receive?
- What are "disbursements"?